Alternatives to swearing like a sailor.
I found this on Graduate Fast-track (from a social media site) and I thought that as the season has just begun, it would be a perfect time to share with you this letter.
FORGET THE SWEAR JAR:
Please note that I am a big big fan of interpersonal communication and I think that it is very important to be able to express your feelings when you talk with your fellow crew member's.
Therefore, try adopting some of the suggested expressions below!
Instead of saying: Try Saying:
- You don’t have a f***ing clue, do you? I think you could do with more training.
- She’s a f***ing power-crazy b*tch! She’s an aggressive go-getter.
- And when the f*** do you expect me to do this? Perhaps I can work late (again).
- F*** off a*se-hole! I’m certain that isn’t feasible.
- Well f*** me backwards with a telegraph pole Really? Tell someone who gives a f*** Perhaps you should check with…
- Not my f***ing problem mate, I wasn’t involved in the project.
- What the f*** That’s interesting
- No f***ing change mate, I’m not sure this can be implemented within the given time scale
- Why the f*** didn’t you tell me that yesterday? It will be tight, but I’ll try to schedule it in
- He’s got his head up his f***ing a*se! He’s not familiar with the issue
- Oi, f*** face! Excuse me, sir?
It's just a bad day not a bad life
Remember that for most you you, your summer season has just stated.
So when you are ready to throw someone over board, just remember to adopt a little mantra, to help you calm your mind and stay in the now.
My mantra was: It's just a bad day not a bad life:
Wishing you all a successful summer season and calm seas.
P.S. If you feel you can contribute further to this list then please feel free to add your comments below.
Forget The Swear Jar. Alternatives to swearing like a sailor.