Mexico can lay claim to this famous cocktail that was invented around 1943.
Before we get into this article, this is for all of you sailors out there, here is a song that I know you will enjoy! Just hit play... It will brighten up your day!!
Oh the humble MARGARITA, how I love thee!!!
You are the perfect blend of sweet, sour, bitter and salty.
This article will show you that there are many ways in which you can change this simple Margarita Cocktail to serve your needs.
Below are my TOP Five Margarita recipes.
The original Margarita
The original Margarita Recipe is as follows: (for 1 serving)
- 3 Measures White Tequila
- 1 Measure Triple Sec or cointreau
- 2 Measures Lime Juice
- Crushed ice
- Slice of lime to garnish
- Coarse Salt
- Rum the rim of a cocktail glass with lime juice and dip in salt.
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into the glass and serve.
Glass: Cocktail glass.
The Frozen Margarita
To make a Frozen Margarita, as the Margaritaville DM3000 Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker to get the perfect ice blend. Below is a delicious variation to the original recipe above.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh apricots, halved and pitted (or 16-oz. can juice-packed, unpeeled apricot halves, drained)
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (or substitute 1/4 cup Margarita Texas Mix)
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- About 3 cups ice cubes
- Combine apricot halves, tequila, sugar, lime juice and apricot nectar in a blender.
Cover and blend until smooth.
- With blender running, add ice cubes, blending until slushy. Makes 4 Margaritas.
This blender makes your job as a stewardess/hostess so much easier.... And your guest will be in very impressed with your Margarita making prowess....
Product features are as follows:
- Three 24-ounce blending jars automatically creates of 72-ounce of frozen drink per cycle.
- Capability to create 6+ different drink types (margarita, daiquiri, Colada, mudslide, mojito, smoothie).
- Rotating ice chute creates spectacle appeal.
- Constructed from premium bamboo wood and brushed aluminum finishes, polished stainless steel accents and heavy duty die-cast components.
- Measures 19.34 inches by 19.5 inches by 19.5 inches; Limited 1-year warranty.
CLICK HERE TO BUY:Margaritaville DM3000 Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
Image via: DeKuyper
The Peach Margarita was one of my "go to"variations. Its fresh sweet and delicious
- 2 Parts Peachtree
- 1 Part Triple Sec
- 3 Parts Sauza Tequila
- 3 Parts Sour Mix
- Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake and strain into an ice-filled margarita glass.
- Optional: Garnish with lime wedge &/or salt.
- By the pitcher: Stir gently in a pitcher and serve in an ice-filled margarita glass.
Optional: Garnish with lime wedge &/or salt.
For lovers of LIME this Margarita is for you.
Lime Margarita (Yield: serves 1)
- 1 1/2 Oz tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur
- 1 1/2 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp coarse salt or kosher salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Zest from 1 lime
- Moisten the rim of serving glass with a lime wedge. Invert glass on lime zest-salt mixture. Twist glass to ensure it is thoroughly coated.
- Turn glass right side-up. Pour in 1 1/2 oz tequila, followed by 1 oz fresh lime juice.
- Add 1/2 oz orange liqueur and 1 1/2 Tbsp simple syrup.
- Stir to combine.
- Add ice.
- Garnish with lime wedge. If desired, sprinkle a little lime zest on top of the drink.
Pink Grapefruit Margarita
This is absolutely one of my favourite cockails and lets face it, how could this beautiful colour not brighten your day.
Pink Grapefruit Margaritas
From: Barefoot Contessa’s How Easy Is That
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 cup triple Sec, orange liqueur
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1 lime, cut in wedges, optional Kosher salt.
If you prefer to rim the glasses take a lime wedge and rim, then dip in salt, if you do not like a salted rim sprinkle a touch of salt in each glass, the salt really brings out the flavor.
- Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple Sec and ice in a blender.
- Pour into a large pitcher (or just keep it in the blender) and pour in the tequila, stir.
Makes 4 drinks.
If Life Gives You Limes, MAKE MARGARITAS
For more great cocktail recipes and Superyacht interior operational procedures
Buy your copy of The Stewardess Bible Today
Margaritaville DM3000 Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- How to Plan an Efficient Schedule - June 17, 2015
- Daily Habits of A Highly Efficient Superyacht Stewardess - June 12, 2015
- Super Yacht Crew Hierarchy - June 6, 2015