You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection
What does it feel like to be constantly on display and how does that affect your self-esteem?
Self Esteem and The Stewardess. Not many people may know this, or really give it any thought, but low self-esteem affects many super yacht stewardesses.
Perception is everything! The super yacht stewardess is the ultimate hostess; After all, she has made a living out of making other people feel good about themselves.
Sure... The life of a super yacht stewardess may seem glamorous and fun; but like everything in life there is also a darker side.
Keeping super busy, whilst travelling the world, can keep some of the negative thoughts at bay; however over time and with the pressures of the job, excess money, and unrealistic lifestyle choices, many stewardesses may feel lonely, and isolated; Some stewardesses even suffer from drug or alcohol dependency with others suffering from associated personality and eating disorders.
The suffering is usually always done in silence, so that the perfect hostess exterior is kept intact...... And the perfect smile is her mask that she wears daily to hide what she is truly feeling.
Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness.
So What is self-esteem? Self Esteem is how we perceive ourselves or how we look at ourselves. When you look at yourself; ask yourself these basic questions to test your self-esteem
- What do you see?
- Who do you see?
- How do you feel, are you 'OK' with who you are?
Have you heard of or seen similar words like "self-image," "self-perception," and "self-concept." All these terms refer to the way we view and think about ourselves and can affect our self-esteem in both a positive and negative way.
Have you ever been dissatisfied or unhappy with yourself? Do you ever think that you are:
- Not good enough,
- Flawed in some way
- Inferior to other people
- A loser, or a failure?
Everyone uses these words on themselves at times, usually when they experience a challenging or stressful situation. However, if you continually think of yourself in these terms, then you could be suffering from low self-esteem.
As human beings, we have the ability to be aware of ourselves and to place a value or a measure of worth to ourselves.
So, self-esteem usually refers to how we view and think about ourselves and the value that we place on ourselves as a person. Having the human capacity to judge and place value to something is where we might run into problems with self-esteem.
Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
– Lucille Ball
How to improve your self esteem
So we have already established that a lot of the negative self talk and suffering go on in silence and the rally is it shared... Especially on board a super yacht.
So if you are suffering with low self esteem, I propose you follow these simple steps:
- Stop the negative "self chatter", that inner critic is a real "Debbie downer" and has to be topped!
- Start believing in your self, if you don't, then chances are no one else will
- Find a quite place to go from time to time and do thing which you enjoy, (this may be as simple as listening to your favorite music with headphones on
- Change your perspective, look at what can be changed and what cannot
- Exercise more... Those endorphins are a great little mood improver
- Set goals and don't forget to give your self a pat on the back when you achieve them
- Accept compliments, if someone tells you that you have done a great job say THANKYOU!!! And more importantly... Believe it!
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- How to Plan an Efficient Schedule - June 17, 2015
- Daily Habits of A Highly Efficient Superyacht Stewardess - June 12, 2015
- Super Yacht Crew Hierarchy - June 6, 2015