Good Friends, Good Food = Good Times
Simple table settings are just that...... Simple!
They are elegant, simple and beautiful, and as an added bonus, you will save you loads of time and energy when planning and setting the table.
So next time you are setting the table just take the 'less is more' approach, and you may just surprise yourself about how beautiful your table looks.
Ok, It’s official... I am now addicted to Pinterest! I just love flicking through the visually beautiful boards that many ordinary people like you and I have created. It just proves that creativity lies within all of us, and simplicity is my personal favourite style!
Below is a collection of simple table settings, but first we need to discuss what you will need.
- Steam cutlery over a bowl of boiling water with a drop of white vinegar to remove any water or residual soap marks.
- Buff dry with a glass cloth or very clean cotton tea towel.
- Wear butler’s gloves to eliminate any finger prints whilst setting the table.
- A basic table setting normally has a minimum of a water-glass and one wine glass.
- Steam clean the relevant glasses using the above method, and place them in the correct spot on the table.
- Prepare the plates in accordance with the chefs requirements and clean in the above method.
- Place mats: Cleaned and freshly ironed.
- Table cloth: Cleaned and freshly ironed.
- Napkins: Cleaned and freshly ironed and starched if needed.
For detailed information on how to set a table or how to be creative when setting a table you can visit the following links:
As always, wishing you safe travels and calm seas.