How to put the MMM in Mojito!. This is one of the most popular cocktails… Ernest Hemingway loved it, its Cuba’s National cocktail and is loved around the world for its fresh taste…
Traditionally, a mojito consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, sparkling water and mint.
- Use a long drink glass
- Add lots of fresh mint leaves, min. 6 per glass
- Add half a lime juice, and two teaspoons of cane sugar
- Using a muddler, crush the leaves, releasing the aroma’s
- Stir to dissolve the sugar
- Add 4 cc / 1 shot of quality white rum
- Add lots of ice, small cubes or crushed ice works best.
- Fill the glass with club soda.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, a sprig of mint or a mint leaf and a straw
- Rub around the rim of the glass before putting in glass
- Do use crushed ice.
- Never use pre-made Mojito mix
- Only use Havana Club or Bacardi Rum, all other rums just are not up to it.
- Do use lots of FRESH mint.
- Do not over press the limes…
- DO ENJOY!