The Rose Plant
Roses are one of the most beautiful, traditional and lovely smelling fragrance flowers that you can admire in any garden.
All that this plant requires is some proper attention and care to blossom, giving you their full potentials of adding colour, fragrance, and happiness to your home or even your office.
The rose plant is a woody perennial flowering plant of the genus Rosa. It came from the family Rosaceae, and there are over three hundred thousand species of the Rose plant.
Most of the species of this plant are native to Asia while some species are native to Europe, North America, and Northwestern Africa.
The Rose plant come in different sizes from compact to miniature rose and to the climber that reach even meter in height.
Their flowers also vary in shapes, sizes, and colour that add glamour and beauty to the plant and it’s surrounding.
There are lots of varieties of this beautiful plant as earlier said, but we would only take a look at very few of them.
- The Hybrid Tea: This is one of the most popular types of rose grown. It blossoms like an upright bush that grows one flower per stem. You probably would have come across them because they are prevalent in all regions.
- Floribunda: This is the most colourful type of rose variety available. They bloom freely in a bushy shrub-like manner, creating clusters of three to fifteen blooms rather than one flower on a stem.
- Grandiflora: This variety of the rose plant is a mixture of the floribunda and the hybrid tea. It grows up to six feet tall and creates a classic hybrid flower cluster.
- Climber roe: This rose adds fragrance to any garden and is typically grown on a fence. They have the potential to cover pillars, walls or just any structure that gives support to them.
- Tree Roe: This variety of the rose plant is known for its hardy rock stock. The tree rose is visually stunning, and it takes more care for it to survive during the winter.
- The Miniature Rose: This is the smallest of the rose plant, and they can grow just anywhere from six inches to feet tall. They flower continuously and are a very excellent variety of the rose plant for a container or potted garden.
The uses of the Rose plant cannot be overemphasized. They are best known as ornamental plants cultivated for their fragrance and beautiful flower in gardens.
They are also used commercially for the production of perfume, commercial cut flower crops and as landscape plants. The rose hip is also used in the production of medicines as a secondary source of vitamin C.
The Rose plant would only do well in a location that provides them with good quality sunshine, enough paces to blossom, well-drained soil and proper shelter to protect them from strong winds.
Give your Rose garden the quality rose care it requires and let it marvel you with its beautiful wonders.
Roses On Board a Superyacht
Roses are an important visual asset on a yacht. The beautify the interior and the exterior. They make any cabin appealing to the guests. Also, you can spice the bedrooms with some rose flowers. The following instructions have been written for taking care of potted roses plants onboard a superyacht.
Water the roses
Roses love water. To have healthy roses, you need to water them regularly. The best time is in the morning and evenings. The flowers will absorb the generous amount.
During this time, it is not sunny. Hence, water will not evaporate. They should soak up to 2 inches deep. This way, the beautiful roses get adequate moisture. Tap water is an easy and excellent choice.
Place them under the sun
Roses needs some sunlight. This will make them bloom and look great. The sun will also give them an incredible look. It will also reduce the chances of roses getting any diseases.
Roses do well under the sun. In addition to that, the leaves get dry warding off any fungi. The ideal time to take them out is in the morning. They will enjoy the mild sunlight. The vitamin D will make them look breath-taking.
Add some fertilizer
Yes, you will have to carry some fertilizer on board. The pot plants will need it to grow well.
The potassium, nitrogen, and phosphorous is good for their growth. Thus, you can be able to pluck some for your interior decor. Epsom salt can work some magic too.
It will make the plants stronger. You can do this once in 3 weeks. You will see great plants when you add fertilizer.
Pruning the roses removes unwanted parts. An example is the misrouted stems. They tend to cause a bad growing pattern.
You can look at those plants that grow outward. Then, using sharp equipment cut them off. You should be careful as you cut them. Wear protective gloves to protect your hands. To top it up, look for the brown canes and cut them off. This will give a chance to new ones to grow.
Avoid touching the roses
Roses are irresistible and eye-catching. However, you shouldn’t touch them. You can also encourage other crew members not to touch. This is because the oil from our hands isn’t friendly. They can make the roses to dry up. They will decompose very fast. They are delicate and should be treated with sensitivity.
If you have to cut the stems, remember to wear gloves.
Rose Care Tips For Cut Roses
- Remove any leaves or foliage that lies below the water line
- Like other stemmed flowers, cut the stem at a 45-degree angle for immediate water absorption
- Add the flower food to lukewarm water
- Place the flowers into the vase and arrange.
- Make sure you do not overcrowd the vase
- Change the water, clean the vase and add new plant food every 2 3 days
- Keep your cut roses away from direct sunlight and in a cool spot. This is hard to do on a yacht, but by doing this the roses should last about 7 days
Rose care on a yacht is as simple as that. You should give the rose enough water. Also, add fertilizer to the pots. Some grooming will make them healthy.
No one should touch the roses with bare hands. They will fade away so quickly. From time to time, let them get sunlight. When you do this, you will have a constant supply of roses.Related Articles: How to Take Care of an Orchid