How to Be Creative When Setting a Table.
Ok ok ok OK…… I can hear you all screaming at
How to be creative in 3 easy steps:
Just picture this…. You are on a thirty day charter and
“Oh NO” its only day seven! …..
Now let’s do some maths, the chef has probably already
- That’s another twenty
three breakfast table settings
- Twenty two lunch tabke settings
two dinner tables to set (please don’t think I’m exaggerating because this happened to me).
So you look to your
How to Be Creative When Setting a Table – Step 1.
Remember, there is no right or wrong for this and there
Things that you will need are:
• A good understanding of how to set a table, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, buffet, and cocktail hour.
• Knowledge of what crockery, cutlery, glassware, table linen, reusable and non-reusable decorations that you have on board (or in your home for my domestic goddess readers).
• Time to plan (if time is short as it always tends to be then you need to be able to manage it properly).
• A creative spirit (Most important tool).
How to Be Creative When Setting a Table – Step 2.
Ok, so you know you have x amount of table linens,
While you’re at it, mix and
Remember, there is no
How to Be Creative When Setting a Table – Step 3.
“Introducing a random element helps you to change perspectives”. So you already know how to set a table properly, so let’s start to theme the settings, this is usually done for lunch and dinner.
Some creative ideas could be:
• Colour theme: Black and white.. Take black and white photos of the events of the day, print them out and the guests will love them as keep sakes.
• Daily quotes: Get writing or copy some of the most favourite quotes of all time. Print them on cards and decorate accordingly.
• Daily mementos from the places you visited: If the budget allows pop into the closest tourist shop and pick up a selection of fridge magnets, postcards, and trinkets.
• Candle it up: This one really depends on the weather, location and yacht policy on candles, but it is such a simple and elegant way of decorating a space
• Costume Party: Again, if it is in the budget and if you have the space, this is really a fun way to mix it up and the guests love it.
You can check out the really affordable costumes at the following link:
I could go on and on, but as it turns out the 21
Thanks for reading my How to be creative article.
As always, safe travels and calm seas
On Sale Now!