How to Care for Lacquered Wood
What is a Lacquered Wood Surface?
A lacquered wood surface is a surface that has been painted with a resin type substance which leaves the furniture with a hard, highly polished and lustrous surface. Before you begin: Make sure you have adjust the temperature of the room. A well balance room is ideal for natural wood surfaces. Therefore it is recommended that the optimal room temperature should be between 18-22 degrees Celsius, with a humidity level of 40-+60%. (5).
What you will need:
- A duster
- A soft cloth
- A drop cloth
- Start at the top of the wooden surface with a duster to remove the dust particles and dirt.
- Then with a damp cloth, remove any finger prints.
- Dry immediately with a soft lint free cloth.
Additional tips and advice:
- Be mindful when watering the flowers and plants as not to leave a wet ring around the base of the vase.
- Unless you are working outside and have sea salt on the wooden furniture, there is no need to use vinegar, as this is acidic and will change the surface of the furniture.
- Only use natural wax products in accordance with the instructions.